The ChallengeMichael Farrelly, Northern Region Health, Safety & Environment Manager for Vinidex, approached Australian Compliance Management (ACM) after becoming frustrated with their current fire safety training provider and with the hope of finding a service organisation that would primarily help keep its employees, contractors, and property safe. Of course, he also wanted a provider who would help them meet all of their Fire Safety & Emergency Management obligations, and provide an online training solution, not only for their General First Response and Fire Warden training, but also for their transport driver, contractor and general employee induction training.
The PlanSafe SolutionOne of our Guides at Australian Compliance Management recommended the implementation of PlanSafe to Michael, a product that would ensure Vinidex received:
- site specific, interactive Emergency Evacuation Diagrams for its Queensland premises.
- site specific Emergency Management Plans highlighting strategies to implement in the event of any kind of emergency, together with roles and responsibilities of staff and visiting contractors e.g., those with specific roles such as Chief Warden, Warden, or First Aid Officer.
- an online learning platform specifically designed for comprehensive induction and ongoing training for employees, a library of 70 emergency services certified videos for Employees, First Responders and Wardens, and all customised to Vinidex’s requirements.
- the transition of Vinidex’s existing transport driver, contractor and general employee induction training to the PlanSafe portal.
- capability for local, State and Corporate managers to monitor learning outcomes online, produce internal reports on employee compliance, and produce on the spot reports for auditors and assessors.
I contacted Australian Compliance Management (ACM) as I was experiencing some frustrations with our existing service provider and was looking for a company that could meet all our requirements and be responsive when I needed them. We were conducting all of our training face to face and maintaining manual records, which is time consuming and resource intensive, so I was also looking for an online option to simplify and streamline that process.
I was excited to find that all ACM’s Fire Safety and Emergency Management training could be delivered through an online learning platform. For Vinidex this means that all our staff, transport drivers and contractors can access required training modules at work or at home 24/7, and that I can run reports from that system to monitor employee and contractor compliance in completing that training. ACM staff met with me on site, and as a result of that visit generated new site-specific Emergency Evacuation Diagrams and an Emergency Management Plan. ACM staff designed Vinidex a first-rate emergency response training platform, and as an added bonus, they included our existing employee and contractor induction training on the platform, so all our training is now conducted online.
ACM has not only simplified our training and helped us meet our compliance requirements, it has also enabled us to keep all of our Fire Safety & Emergency Management training records, evidence of fire safety audits, rectification records, and our Emergency Management Plans in a single location on the PlanSafe platform. When we are audited, we now have all our records and documentation available online in a single location. The staff I have dealt with at ACM have been exceptional and I have nothing but praise for their promptness, diligence, and the quality of their work. I couldn’t be happier!Michael Farrelly — Northern Region — Health, Safety & Environment Manager at Vinidex
Through access to the PlanSafe online learning portal, ACM offers its clients flexible and cost-effective delivery of education and training for their employees and contractors.
We enjoy removing the complexities of all the varying regulations, and provide one simple, concise solution that becomes part of the culture and not just a document hidden in a drawer.Mark Slade — CEO of Australian Compliance Management